Tuesday, October 25, 2016

THE GIFT - a journey with breast cancer

My Journey with Breast Cancer

It's a journey filled with EMOTIONS.  I'm learning to deal with ALL of them in a better way than the 'past me' would have.  The 'present me' is looking at life differently now . . . . . just doing it - thinking healthy thoughts (becoming aware of negative thoughts and where they come from), cleaning the mind (throwing out old useless thoughts) and motivating self into healthy actions.  A healthy mind = a healthy body.    

My mammogram was on August 15th 2016.  My surgery will take place in November 2016.  It is what it is.  I will share my discoveries with you along this journey.  I am SO blessed with an amazing family and many caring friends.  The best support out there in Calgary is the Breast Cancer Support Center.  They look at the whole person and the whole family on their cancer journey.  

It's been forty years of being married to an Italian this November.  Forty years ago he said, "Italian men don't do dishes" . . . . . . . . . well things have changed around here . . . . .  not only does he do dishes he is the chef as well.  I began this journey feeling nervous, anxious, worried, and numb.  It became a FULL time job doing research into the many options out there for my situation.

Ten weeks into it, I now accept this gift called a journey with cancer.  (As a child I learned to not trust anyone - now I'm learning to let go and trust God)  Jesus is my tour guide and my baggage handler.  This gift has forced me to acknowledge how I'm feeling, deal with the emotion then find the best way for that day to get out of my slump.  It has especially helped me to create a healthy boundary on my self for not allowing any other person's negative beliefs, thoughts or out of control emotions get the best of me.  The 'present me' is creating a balanced life for the 'future me' to behold  . . . . as I let go and trust my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to heal me in ways beyond my understanding.

I SO look forward to getting to know the 'future me'.  On my journey I listen to "Braintap Technologies" (Dr. Porter Vision) to get me out of the fight/flight mode so my heart and body can relax, so my eyes can see the world through new eyes.  So my ears can hear the messages around me that provide transformation.  The 'present me' allows the world to do what it needs to do for it and I do what I need to do for me.

I read thoughts for the day from 'Talk to me Jesus' and 'Walk with me Jesus' by Marie Chapian.  Each day I am encouraged as I get to know the power of the spirit within me.  If I should die before I wake, my blessed assurance is to see my Jesus face to face.  Until then I give ALL glory to Jesus for my sound mind.

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear but a spirit but of power and love and of a sound mind."
2 Timothy 1:7


With Love and Encouragement, 

Dorothy/Mamma D Butterfly
"Butterflies do not fear transformation" 

No comments:

Post a Comment